The IATA dangerous goods regulations, effective January 2019, are now available to order.
The 60th edition of the regulatory guide, covering the transport of hazardous materials via air, includes a list of updates, including:
- 12 new UN numbers from UN 3537 to UN 3548;
- Assignment of ID 8001 to Disilane;
- Addition of a new entry, UN 3536, Lithium batteries installed in cargo transport unit;
- PI 620 and PI 650—The conditions for the pressure differential test and the temperature ranges have been separated to be stand-alone requirements;
- 126.96.36.199.2(a)—The specification for hazard labels has been revised to remove the requirement for the outside line to be a minimum of 2 mm in thickness.